- ARCH accounts are to be used only for the person who requested the account.
- Accounts should not be shared.
- Every PI has a group allocation of space where members of the group can share data , if necessary.
- All users are strongly encouraged to conduct minimal tasks on the login nodes. Any extended testing should be done using the debug queue or an interactive session.
- Only “open data” is allowed on Rockfish (data that is not subject to any restrictions)
- Please see section on Bluecrab storage guidelines for policies regarding storage.NEEDS similar for RF.
- Allocations: Rockfish uses an allocation model based on resources. There are allocations for regular memory nodes (default), large memory nodes (bigmem), gpu nodes (a100) and a storage allocation. Allocations are granted based on proposals submitted, reviewed and availability of resources. All allocations regardless of duration (number of quarters) will be granted on a quarterly basis and resets will be carried out every quarter. Rockfish uses a policy, “use it or lose it”. No allocations or portions of it can be roll over to the next quarter